GO TO

GO DIRECTLY to the PHOTOS of the PORTFOLIOS of my STUDENTS . They did SUCH A GREAT JOB & I AM VERY PROUD of (most of) THEM!

LifeNews.com

Trending In Ed

Sunday, February 26, 2017

RE MY FIRST TIME AT THIS SCHOOL " UCLA, LAUSD sign agreement for Horace Mann UCLA Community School "- Los Angeles Sentinel | Los Angeles Sentinel | African-Ame...


AS A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER, my first time here I entered a classroom full of students, and I put my bag and phone on the teacher's desk as I prepared to take attendance. Suddenly the lights went out, and the room was completely black (the windows were all covered) . I didn't know where the light switch was. It was a humbling moment. It turns out it was planned by a few bad kids in the room. A few moments later we got the lights back on and my phone was gone. I couldn't believe it. They turned the lights out, grabbed my phone off the desk, and maybe were still in the room, but maybe they ran out, I wasn't sure. I called security, and they came and did sort of a perfunctory search of every student, but I never got the phone back. Humbling, embarrassing, maddening.